Thursday 7 April 2011

DIY Gemstone Bracelet

Image taken from Topshop.com


A couple of months ago I came across this lovely bracelet on the Topshop website, it was a reasonable price but when I popped into my local Topshop and picked it up I was very disappointed with the quality of it for the price.  So I decided that I could make a similar one myself.

What you need:

 

For mine I used brown waxed cotton cord and pre-drilled gemstone chippings. You can add anything you like but I wanted to keep mine simple. I'm sure I don't need to tell you but you just tie a knot in the cord then thread the gemstone then tie another knot making them as far apart as you like. I made mine just over 90cms long but you can make it whatever length depending on how many times you would like it to wrap around your wrist.

Here's my finished bracelet:



I'm so happy with how it turned out, it was pretty fiddly but totally worth it. Have you made any jewellery? I'd love to see other people's DIY's. If you haven't already check out Gem as she has loads of great DIY's.

1 comment:

  1. Such a nifty project. Sure looks simple enough to make. I think it turned out lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Spread the Love ♥

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...